Tuesday, May 22, 2018

Fons and Burns: Catch up now!

Mary Fons (Google Images)
For those of you who do not know, I have kind of an infatuation with Mary Fons. She is a fabulous writer and a cute little thing to boot. With any luck, I'll have an opportunity to shake her hand.

I read her blog, PaperGirl, in fits and starts. I may skip her posts for a month or so, but then I have to catch up with her again. That's when I go back to where I left off and read every article posted in the meantime. It may be that I'm obsessed.


Image result for ken burns
Ken Burns (Google Images)
On my last binge read, I discovered that she had interviewed Ken Burns, a well-known movie director and quilt collector. Part of his now-famous collection was on exhibit at the Quilt House, the exhibition hall of the International Quilt Study Center and Museum in Lincoln, Nebraska. 

Unfortunately, the exhibit closed on May 14. However, a free Quiltfolk article on the exhibit and Mary Fons' interview can both be found here:  https://www.quiltfolk.com/wp-content/uploads/quiltfolk-ken-burns-exclusive.pdf

1 comment:

Kaja said...

Thanks for the link - it's an interesting read.