Tuesday, August 15, 2017

Cotton Robin round 2

First the first time, I participated in the Cotton Robin hosted by Julie. See this post about round 1. What fun! I recommend that you look into it and join next year.


For round 2 I received this center block, but it didn't look like this. Oh no! It looked oh so much better. Don't get me wrong--this block is fantastic and anyone can see the potential. But some people just out do themselves!



See my problem!?!  Luckily, I was able to come up with something. Not anything great, and certainly not very competitive, but I'm not really much of a competitive girl. :) I play for fun.


I decided on a circle, although I had tried to make four hearts to go in each corner of the block. The problem became the corners of the block. Even though the circle is not perfectly round, I wanted it to appear somewhat so. My answer was HST's that didn't quite fit the width of the rest of the circle.


Luckily, the block went to Liz, who knew exactly how to quilt it. She quilted small hearts in each of the circle squares and small circles in the open white areas. 






Isn't this one precious little quilt? I love the small hearts in the inner border and the quilting is perfect!

1 comment:

Janine @ Rainbow Hare said...

This has turned into an amazing little quilt. You're a great team :)