Thursday, June 29, 2017

When nothing works...

push through and find a way. I'm not sure how good that advice is, but it's what I've been trying to do all week. 



I can't seem to get on track and work on a project. I've been doing stuff: cleaning; making kits for our trip; sewing scraps into slabs; cutting fabric. You know, sort of "two steps forward, one step back." Or is that "one step forward, two steps back"? Either way, I'm doing a lot of dancing in circles. 


And feel that I'm getting no where in particular. 



 I had to find something I could finish. And since I was playing around with this fabric, trying to come up with an idea that I liked after I tested it, I decided to turn what was cut (and not working) into a small bag. 



Turns out I like the small bag much more than anything that was happening on the design wall. So I guess pushing through is perhaps the best advice I can give right now. 
How is your sewing coming along?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear that you're struggling, Mary. Sometimes that's just how it is.
Thankfully, I'm having a great time and getting lots done. How long that will be the case, I don't know, but I'm taking full advantage of it while I can. Good luck getting back on track,
Denise

Karen S said...

Great end result. Worth all the ups and downs when it turns out like this one.

Kaja said...

I hope you get back on track soon, but sometimes we need these breaks to refresh our creative selves.